Why Social Media?
62% of adults worldwide use some form of social media via computers, smartphones, tablets, game consoles, Internet-enabled TVs and handheld music players. The following statistics take you through some interesting information you might not have known about our mostly used social media platforms.Facebook:
- 70% of business to business marketing companies use Facebook to distribute content.
- Age 25 - 34, at 29.7% of users, is the most common age demographic.
- Facebook users are 53% female and 47% male.
- 39% of sellers on Facebook, mostly small businesses, have used Facebook Ads, and nearly 70% plan to use the service again.
- Highest traffic occurs mid-week between 1 to 3 pm.
- Tweets with image links get x2 the engagement rate of those without.
- Tweets with hash tags get x2 more engagement.
- Tweets with less than 100 characters get 17% more engagement.
- Your tweets have a x12 higher chance of being retweeted if you ask for it, and x23 higher if you actually spell out the word “retweet.”
- Twitter’s fastest growing demographic is 55–64 year-olds.
- Google’s +1 button is used over 4 billion times each day and growing.
- 60.2% of Google+ are females and 39.8% males.
- 70% of business brands have a presence on Google Plus.
- 15% of brands post content to their Google+ pages more than 3 times per week.
- Google+ has an estimated growth rate of 33% per year.
- LinkedIn’s users are predominantly males with graduate-level education.
- 6 out of every 10 LinkedIn users are interested in industry insights.
- LinkedIn’s busiest times are mornings and midday, Monday to Friday.
- LinkedIn has found that 20 posts per month can help you reach 60 percent of your unique audience.
- 300 million people already use LinkedIn and growing.
- Every day 55 million posts are shared and 1.2 billion Likes are given.
- 68% of Instagram users are females and 32% males.
- Age 25-34, at 37% of users, is the most common age demographic.
- 57% of Instagram users access it daily.
- Videos posted on Instagram ensure x2 more interactions than photos.
- 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook.
- Over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute.
- 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- Brand engagement rises by 28% when consumers are exposed to both professional content and user-generated product video.
- Mobile makes up almost 40% of YouTube's global watch time.
- 6.7 million People publish on blogging websites, and another 12 million write blogs using their social networks.
- Business to business marketers who use blogs generate 67% more leads.
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links.
- On average, companies that blog receive 434% more indexed pages.
- 77% of Internet users read blogs.
- 247 billion emails are sent every day.
- 54% of emails sent by businesses are marketing messages.
- 59% of companies are integrating email and social channels together.
- 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as a result of an email marketing message.
- When marketed through email, consumers spend 138% more than people who don’t receive email offers.
(Sources: jeffbullas.com, oursocialtimes.com, c4lpt.co.uk, zephoria.com, fastcompany.com)