July 27, 2023
*** Remote/Hybrid working available.***
Who We Are
Intellicore is one of the leading software development companies in the North-East of Scotland. With a track record of building high quality business-critical solutions that our clients can rely on, we have become a trusted technical partner to industry-leading companies across several sectors.
We believe in creating the technology that builds better business. working with our clients to create bespoke practical software solutions using the best innovative technologies.
Intellicore has a great culture where you are encouraged to think outside of the box and are genuinely supported by team members and managers alike. We work closely with you on a career plan that fits your skills, talents and aspirations and provides an open environment to discuss your development and progression.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities and champion the diversity of our people. At Intellicore, we believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
We are looking for a talented and confident Laravel Developer. You will join our growing team working alongside our other developers, our QA and BA teams, delivering quality solutions for our clients as well as our own projects too.
As one of our full-stack developers, you will roughly be 50% backend, 40% frontend and 10% personal development.
Who You Are
• Extensive experience in Laravel or similar PHP MVC framework.
• Direct work experience building complex business applications.
• Knowledgeable in best practices and able to write clean, maintainable and scalable code.
• Passionate about keeping up to date and exploring new technologies.
• Advocate for Test-Driven Development.
• Problem solver and out-of-the-box thinker.
• Humble and collaborative.
• Essential: Excellent communication skills
• Essential: Fluent in English (spoken & written)
• Essential: Must be located in the UK. Available during standard office hours.
• Essential: Proficient in Git and experience working within GitHub.
• Essential: Solid technical understanding of RESTful API’s.
• Preferred: Experience working with multiple AWS services.
• Desirable: Experience with Continuous Integration within projects.
• Desirable: Knowledge of using Docker or other VM technology to support local and cloud-based environments.
• Work closely with our existing development and QA teams, reporting directly to our Software Manager.
• Collaborate with our Business Analysts and clients to produce specification documents for future works.
• Implement new & maintain existing business-critical solutions across our client-base.
• Adhere to our quality-first approach and develop solutions with testability and maintainability in mind.
• Champion improvements and innovation in technologies/practices within your team.
• Communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences to share knowledge and ideas, provide updates, influence, challenge and take on feedback.
Our Tech Stack
• Tailwind / Bootstrap
• Postgres / MySQL
• We use GitHub actions to deploy code to our AWS environments through Laravel Forge.
• Day-to-day includes; YouTrack, Microsoft Teams, SonarQube, Sentry, Docker (Laravel Sail) and PHPStorm.
What We Offer
- Attractive salary + benefits
- Hybrid/Remote working.
- Company Laptop.
- Access to online learning resources.
- Matched pension contributions of up to 8%.
- Bi-annual activity days.
- Work with a company of like-minded individuals focused on building quality solutions and nurturing innovation and improvement.
Our Hiring Process
In your application, please include your CV as well as any code/repositories that you are proud of, along with your notice period for your current role.
We generally follow a 3-stage process that includes;
• Introduction call on Microsoft Teams (approximately 45 minutes)
• Take home technical assessment, designed to be able to showcase your honed skillset.
• Follow-up call on Microsoft Teams to discuss the technical assessment and meet other members of the team (approximately 60 minutes)
After these stages, we will look to make an offer with an estimated start date based on your current notice period.
All successful candidates will be required to have the Right to Work in the UK and will undergo the Intellicore Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory background checks.
Subscribe to the Intellicore Newsletter
Sign-up and get frequent technology insights on topics including intellectual property and software development, security tools and integrating with API, delivered to your inbox.