Are you keen to work with a diverse range of technologies and across a range of industries?
Competitive Salary + Flexible Working Hours +Fantastic Working Culture + Great Clients + Enhanced Company Pension.
At Intellicore we create the technology that builds better business. We are the technical partner to our clients, working with them to create bespoke practical software solutions using the best innovative software.
We are seeking a versatile DevOps Engineer to lead the DevOps work in the following key areas:
- Work alongside Intellicore sales and business analyst personnel to architect infrastructures suitable for customer solutions
- Implement infrastructures as per design and assist in the support of the solutions
- Be the acknowledged technical expert within the business on infrastructures, static analysis procedures, and automation processes
- Role model, educate and support developer colleagues to follow industry best practice automated build processes.
Intellicore has a great culture where you are encouraged to think outside of the box and are genuinely supported by team members and managers alike. We work closely with you on a career plan that fits your skills, talents and aspirations and provides an open environment to discuss your development and progression.
To ensure success as a DevOpsEngineer, you should have around 4-5years’ experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language. We are looking for experience in building highly automated infrastructures, administering operating systems and strong knowledge on how to secure applications.
You will have:
- Clear understanding of the vital role that DevOps play in building good technical solutions.
- Understanding of modern development and operations processes and methodologies
- Understanding of the value of continuous integration to successful projects and how to support their implementation.
- Strong WindowsAdministrator skills on desktop and server systems.
- Very strong skills on Azure and AWS environments evidenced by suitable accreditations.
- Good Static Analysis tool skills ideally on Sonar Qube but other tools may be considered.
- Strong continuous deployment and continuous integration using tools like Team City, but other tools will be considered, especially if supported by relevant accreditations.
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written, able to present technical material clearly, in meetings with developers
- Ability to analyse and report clearly on technical problems and accurately assess likely outcome. In addition, able to relate these outcomes to the business.
- Ability to plan and organise the time priorities
- Ability to explain to clients the benefits of Continuous Integration and able to explain the security measures that we build into our products.
- Ideally a degree level qualified but evidence of acquiring IT knowledge through specific training and accreditations is also acceptable.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer qualification is desirable but not essential, as are coding skills and CRM knowledge (Microsoft Dynamics).
What you will be doing
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Work on after-sales support services and provide technical back up as required
- Calculate estimate monthly spend from infrastructure designs
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies by establishing the culture needed amongst the developers to ensure that all projects follow best practice automated operations processes.
- Implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS, AZURE, Windows and Linux platforms
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Manage Azure and Office 365environments
- Offer support to development and support teams.
Benefits available to you
- Matched Employee pension contributions of up to 8% after 6 months employment
- Headphones, keyboard and mouse, gel wrist pads and footrest of your choice
- Paid on the job training
- Access to Udemy
- Two staff days out annually
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- £100 towards glasses
- Annual performance related bonus of up to 100% monthly salary (whenever Intellicore is in profit)
- Annual salary increase at a minimum in line with Average Weekly Earnings growth (whenever Intellicore is in profit)
Genuine Diverse Workplace
Intellicore champions the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone. At Intellicore, we believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Intellicore Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment.Employment will be subject to satisfactory background checks.
Intellicore ltd is registered in Scotland No: SC287466 and the registered office address is: 16 Greenhall Avenue, Insch, Scotland, AB52 6HG.Working office address is 72-74 Commerce St, Aberdeen AB11 5FP.